Young leek terrine with roast prawns
For the Leek terrine
- - 12 pieces of pencil sized or thin leek
- - 10 ½ cup chicken bouillon
- - 2 gelatin sheets
- - 12 peeled prawns
- - 8 tsp Maille Balsamic vinegar
- - Salt
- - Natural sea salt
- - Ground pepper
For the Vinaigrette
The day before:
- Wash the leeks in warm water to remove the dirt.
- Put the leeks into salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove and put into iced water to cool and then leave to dry on a cloth. Press to remove all the water.
- Heat the chicken bouillon and mix in the softened gelatin and Maille Balsamic vinegar
- Place the leeks lengthwise in a small terrine, adding a spoonful of bouillon between each layer.
- Carefully cover the leek terrine with Saran wrap and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day
- Make the vinaigrette: Mix the mustard, salt and ground pepper with the Maille Balsamic vinegar. Add the Extra virgin olive oil with truffle using a whisk and put aside.
- Remove the leek terrine from the dish. Cut into 6 good slices with a very sharp knife and arrange on a plate.
- Fry the prawns in a non-stick frying pan with a dash of Extra virgin olive oil with truffle, season with salt and pepper and arrange around the slices of leek terrine.
- Moisten the slices of leek terrine thoroughly with vinaigrette and serve the rest on the side.
- Prep Time:
- 40 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 25 minutes
- Total Time:
- 65 minutes
- 6 people