Spring Chicken, with roasted new potatoes and fresh herb sauce vierge
- - 2 young free-range spring chicken (approx. 500g)
- - 1lb new potatoes
- - 4 garlic cloves
- - 6 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- - 1.7oz breadcrumbs
- - 4 tbsp. of Mustard with Sauternes white wine
- - Sauternes white wine vinegar or White balsamic condiment
- - ½ bunch chives
- - ½ bunch flat-leaved parsley
- - Salt
- Preheat your oven to 210°C (gas mark 7).
- Mix the new potatoes, the garlic in their skins (don't peel, just separate the cloves) and the salt together in an oven-proof dish. Drizzle generously with olive oil, and mix so that the potatoes are well coated. Roast the potatoes for around 45 minutes.
- On a chopping board, open the cockerels along the back using a large knife in order to remove the spine. Flatten them and season with salt and olive oil then place in a dish skin side up.
- Place the cockerel in the oven and add around 100 ml of water to the dish after 10 minutes. Every 5 minutes, baste the cockerels with the cooking juices using a tablespoon. (Add water if necessary).
- After 20 minutes of cooking, remove the birds and coat with the mustard using a brush or spoon, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Finish baking the cockerels in the oven for the remaining 10 minutes.
- Chop the herbs finely and mix them with the olive oil and a dash of Sauternes white wine vinegar or White balsamic condiment.
- Serve the cockerel with the roast potatoes and the sauce vierge.
- Prep Time:
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 45 minutes
- Total Time:
- 65 minutes
- 4 people