- - 1 ½ lbs. skinless salmon fillets, preferably wild or organic
- - 2 tbsp. finely chopped dill
- - 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- - 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- - 1 tbsp. Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- - 1 tbsp. capers, minced
- - 1 clove garlic, minced
- - 1 tsp. sea salt
- - 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- - Maille Olive Oil
Note: You can skip the chilling, but be careful when flipping the burgers as they will fall apart more easil
- Either finely mince the salmon by hand or run it through a food processor until coarsely ground. Ideally, pulverize half and chop half by hand so that there are still some chunks of fish.
- Combine salmon with dill, lemon juice, grated lemon peel, mayonnaise, Maille Dijon Originale Mustard, capers, garlic, and salt in medium bowl; shape into 4 patties.
- Arrange the patties on a plate and chill 15 minutes to 2 hours. This will help the patties stay together without the help of bread crumbs.
- Heat large cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat skillet with thin layer of oil.
- Cook burgers, carefully turning once, until nicely browned and firm, about 6 minutes.
Serve the burgers immediately on toasted gluten-free buns or on a bed of arugula, garnished with lemon wedges and more Maille Dijon Originale Mustard on the side.