Pesto Asparagus Pasta
To please your vegetarian palate, combine the aphrodisiac properties of basil, mustard, garlic and asparagus into a tasty topping for pasta
Cuisine type: Italian
- - 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- - 2 large handfuls basil, kale and spinach (in any combination)
- - ¼ cup nuts (walnuts, pine nuts, almonds or pistachios work best)
- - 1 large lemon, juiced and peel grated
- - ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese (light and fluffy; do not pack down in cup)
- - ¼ cup olive oil
- - ¼ cup Maille® Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- - Salt and pepper
- - ½ lb. pasta (penne, orechiette, fusilli, etc)
- - 1 bunch fresh, thin asparagus spears (about 1 lb.), washed, bottoms trimmed and sliced in half on the diagonal
- - Olive oil for grilling
- Process garlic in food processor until very finely chopped. Add basil, nuts, lemon juice, lemon peel and cheese; process until combined. With processor running, slowly add olive oil. Add Maille Dijon Originale Mustard and blend again. Season to taste with salt and pepper and, if desired, pinch of red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat grill pan with about 1 tablespoon olive oil and sear asparagus 2 to 3 minutes to add grill marks.
- Toss hot pasta with pesto mixture*.
*Start with 1 to 2 tablespoons, and increase until you reach the desired flavor
Serve in bowls topped with grilled asparagus. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 20 minutes
- 2 people