Mixed Leaf Salad with Figs and Mozzarella Fritters
- - 200g mixed leaves (spinach, rocket, beetroot etc.)
- - 12 fresh figs
For the ham
- - 2 slices of Parma ham
- - 50g blanched pistachio nuts
For the dressing
For the mozzarella fritters
- - 12 mozzarella balls
- - 2 eggs
- - 40g flour
- - 50g breadcrumbs
- - 1 litre of cooking oil
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C (Gas mark 5).
- Arrange the slices of Parma ham on an ovenproof plate and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool and then crush them with the pistachios.
- In a bowl, make the dressing by first adding the honey and Maille Sauternes white wine vinegar and then pouring the oils in gradually, stirring vigorously.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, beat them and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the mozzarella balls in flour, then in the beaten egg and finally in the breadcrumbs. For a crisper result and for added strength, repeat the coating process with the beaten eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Fry the mozzarella balls for about 1 minute in the oil at 160°C (they should be golden), then immediately drain them on some absorbent paper.
- Cut the figs into quarters. In a bowl, mix the leaves together with the dressing.
- In a deep dish, arrange the leaves and figs. Arrange the mozzarella balls and sprinkle all of them with the parma ham-pistachio mixture.
- Prep Time:
- 25 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 15 minutes
- Total Time:
- 40 minutes
- 4 people