Macaroni and Cheese
Bubbling, golden and irresistible, this unique version of macaroni and cheese blends mellow cheddar, zesty mustard, and creamy leeks.
Cuisine type: Italian
- - ¼ cup butter, divided
- - 1 leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- - ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- - 2 ½ cups milk
- - 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- - 2 tbsp. Maille Dijon Originale mustard
- - Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- - 8 oz. elbow macaroni or small pasta, cooked and drained
- - Finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in medium skillet over medium heat and lightly sweat leeks, about 3 minutes.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat, then stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk until mixture is thickened. Stir in cheese, Maille Dijon Originale mustard and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in leeks and hot macaroni.
- Pour mixture into 1½-quart baking dish and bake 20 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
Garnish with parsley.
Serve with a few strips of bacon, thinly sliced and fried crisp.
Try this alternative to the Dijon Original Mustard
- Prep Time:
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 20 minutes
- 4 people