Glazed Ham and Beans
Juicy ham covered in a tangy sweet mixture of brown sugar and whole grain mustard offers a perfect balance of flavor and texture when served with green beans tossed with fresh herbs and creamy Dijon mustard.
Cuisine type: English
For the ham
For the beans
- - 3 cups water
- - 2 lbs. whole green beans, trimmed
- - 3 tbsp. light butter or unsalted butter, softened
- - 2 tbsp. Maille Dijon Originale mustard
- - 1 tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon or other fresh herbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Arrange ham on baking rack in large baking pan. Add ½ cup water, then cover with aluminum foil. Bake ham until internal temperature reaches 135° when tested with a meat thermometer, about 1 hour.
- Combine brown sugar and Maille Old Style mustard in small bowl. Spoon mixture evenly over ham and bake uncovered until glazed, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange vegetable steamer basket in a Dutch oven with 3 cups water and bring to boil over high heat. Arrange green beans in basket. Steam, covered, until tender crisp, about 8 minutes.
Remove beans from steamer basket and arrange in large serving bowl. Toss with butter, Maille Dijon Originale mustard and tarragon. Serve with ham.
- Prep Time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 105 minutes
- 12 people