Crispy Vegetable Fritters
Inspired by French “galettes”, these easy-to-make fritters have the tasty kick of whole grain mustard, and are a delicious and healthy addition to any meal.
Cuisine type: French
- - 2 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed
- - 1 egg, lightly beaten
- - 2 tsp. Maille Old Style mustard
- - ¾ cup finely chopped zucchini
- - ¾ cup grated carrots
- - 2 tbsp. olive oil
- - Salt and pepper
- Combine potatoes, egg and Maille Old Style in medium bowl. Stir in zucchini, carrots, salt and pepper. Shape into 1 inch patties and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook fritters, turning once, until golden brown, about 10 minutes; drain on paper towels.
Serve with poached eggs at breakfast, chicken or lunch, or cold as a snack; they’re also super with salmon steak for dinner.
- Prep Time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 10 minutes
- 4 people