Crab Cakes with Sweet Mustard Sauce
Hot, crunchy crab cakes served with a splash of chilled Maille Dijon mustard sauce offers an easy way to whip up a delicious brunch.
Cuisine type: American
- - 1 tsp. Maille Olive Oil
- - 2 tsp. finely chopped shallot or onion
- - 3 tbsp.White Wine Vinegar
- - 3 tbsp. PLUS ¼ cup Maille Mayonnaise, divided
- - 2 tbsp. Maille Honey Dijon Mustard
- - Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- - 12 oz. fresh, frozen or canned crabmeat
- - 1 tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- - 2 tbsp. finely chopped green onions
- - 1 egg yolk
- - ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- - ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Heat olive oil in small skillet over medium-high heat and cook shallots until tender, stirring occasionally. Add Maille White Wine Vinegar and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in 3 tablespoons Maille Mayonnaise, Maille Honey Dijon Mustard and salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Combine crabmeat, remaining ¼ cup Maille Mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce and green onions in medium bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shape into 12 patties and chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Dip crab cakes into egg yolk, then bread crumbs. Heat vegetable oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook crab cakes until golden, about 5 minutes, turning once.
Serve with chilled Mustard sauce.
- Prep Time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 5 minutes
- 4 people