Cod in a White Sauce (Cod Blanquette)
Delight your dinner guests with this tropical take on a classic dish of poached fresh fish. The fragrant curry-coconut twist will have them clamoring for seconds.
Cuisine type: French
- - 1 ¼ cups chicken stock
- - ½ cup fish stock or clam juice
- - ½ cup finely chopped onion
- - ½ tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- - 1 to 1 ½ lbs. cod, halibut or monkfish fillets, cut into chunks
- - 2 tsp. mild curry paste
- - 1 tsp. Maille Honey Dijon mustard
- - Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- - 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Pour stocks into large shallow saucepan; add onion and thyme. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and add cod. Cook, gently stirring occasionally, until cod reaches an internal temperature of 155°, about 4 minutes. Remove fish with slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Remove and discard thyme. Stir curry paste and Maille Honey Dijon mustard into broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by one third, about 20 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Serve sauce over cod and, if desired, garnish with additional thyme.
- Prep Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 15 minutes
- 4 people