Butternut Squash Salad
A gorgeous, colorful salad offering just the right medley of taste and texture with roasted butternut squash, tart pomegranate seeds, and tangy goat cheese, with a creamy maple Dijon dressing.
Cuisine type: Mediterranean
- - 6 tbsp. Maille Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- - 1 tbsp. PLUS 1 cup Maille Mustard with Honey and Balsamic Vinegar or Honey Dijon
- - 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- -1 small shallot, finely chopped
- - 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- - ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- - 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced to about ⅛ inch thick
- - 16 phyllo dough sheets, thawed according to package directions
- - 8 oz. creamy feta cheese, crumbled
- - ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- - 2 tbsp. Maille Balsamic Vinegar
- - 1 tsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line jelly-roll pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine Maille Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon Maille Mustard, tarragon, shallot, ginger and red pepper flakes in large bowl. Add squash and toss well. Arrange in single layer in prepared pan. Bake until edges of squash caramelize, about 30 minutes, turning once. Turn into large bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Unfold phyllo and cover with plastic wrap and damp cloth. Working with 1 sheet at a time, spread with 1 tablespoon Maille Mustard. Arrange a few squash slices at short end, then sprinkle with feta cheese and sesame seeds. Fold in the 2 long sides, then roll jelly-roll style. Arrange on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining phyllo. Brush with melted butter. Bake until golden and crispy, about 30 minutes.
- Heat Maille Balsamic Vinegar with brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly, until syrupy. Drizzle over warm pastry sticks, rolling in the vinegar mixture, if desired.
Drizzle with salad dressing.
- Prep Time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 30 minutes
- 4 people