Beet and Burrata Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
Recipe from the Tasting Table Test Kitchen for Maille Mustard.
For the Roasted Beets:
- - 1½ pounds (4 medium) red beets, whole
- - 1 cup olive oil
- - 2 tablespoons water
- - Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
For the Candied Sunflower Seeds:
- - ½ cup sunflower seeds
- - 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- - Flaky sea salt, to taste
For the Vinaigrette:
For the Assembly:
- Make the roasted beets: Preheat the oven to 350º. In an 8 inch square baking dish combine all the beet ingredients and toss to coat. Cover with tin foil and roast the beets until tender when pierced with a knife, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Allow the beets to cool completely, then peel, and cut each into 8 pieces.
- Meanwhile, make the candied sunflower seeds: In a small bowl, toss the candied sunflower seed ingredients until well incorporated. Spread into an even layer on a parchmentlined baking sheet. Roast sunflower seeds in the same oven as the beets until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool on the baking sheet. Using your hands, break apart any clumps of sunflower seeds, then set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, Maille Beet Mustard with a Touch of Honey, honey, lemon zest and garlic clove until smooth. Slowly start to pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, until all the oil is emulsified and a vinaigrette is formed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the salad: In a medium bowl, toss the roasted beets with half of the vinaigrette. Transfer to a platter and top with pieces of the torn burrata. In the same bowl as the beets, dress the mache with the remaining vinaigrette. Pile the mache over the beets and burrata. Garnish with the reserved candied sunflower seeds, pomegranate seeds and sliced golden beet. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey dijon with the olive oil and drizzle on top of the salad, then serve.
- Prep Time:
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 45 minutes
- Total Time:
- 65 minutes
- 4 people