Avocado and crab gratin
This dish makes a delicate starter and really heroes the avocado. The Maille Mustard with Olives and Herbes de Provence adds a slight “kick” to the rich, buttery flavor of the avocado.
Cuisine type: American
- - 3 ripe avocados
- - 4 egg yolks
- - 1 clove of garlic chopped very finely
- - ½ a lemon
- - 6 scallions cut very finely
- - 7 ounces of pickled white crab meat
- - 2tbsp Maille olive and provençal herb mustard
- Turn the oven on at 350.
- Halve the avocados and discard the pits. Spoon out the flesh and keep the shells.
- Place avocado flesh in a bowl and crush with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the scallions, garlic, lemon, crab meat and mustard. Mix well; reserve.
- Next, make the sabayon sauce. In a mixing bowl, add the egg yolks and 4 tbsps of water. Whisk well and place over a pan of boiling water (a bain marie). Whisk energetically for 4 to 5 minutes until the yolks are creamy and foamy.
- Fold the sabayon into the avocado mix. Do not cover mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the avocado shells. Place them on a baking tray in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- When serving the avocados, keep them still by placing them on a small amount of wet salt in the middle of the plate. Serve this with a thick slice of toasted brioche.
- Prep Time:
- 25 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 10 minutes
- Total Time:
- 35 minutes
- 6 people